1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large onion (thinly diced)
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chopped chayote
4 cups chopped carrot
1 big pinch each sea salt + black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder (click for how to DIY)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
2 cups vegetable broth
2-3 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar)
1-2 tsp chili garlic paste (optional)
- Boil chayote squash & carrots in a large pot of water
- While the veggies are boiling, eat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add oil, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add boiled chayote squash and carrots to pan and season with a pinch each salt and pepper curry powder, and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and chili powder (optional - for heat).
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Transfer soup to a high speed blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. Return soup back to pot when it’s super creamaaaay.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more curry powder, salt, or sweetener as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve the soup and feel the warmth and deliciousness of the soup spread throughout your whole body.