- 8 eggs (farm fresh, if you can get them!)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (greek yogurt can work, too)
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- chopped dill, to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, cumin, chili powder to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.* Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, green onion, dill, and lemon. Season with salt, pepper and other spices. Stir and serve on your favorite bread or crackers.
*If using eggs fresh from the farm, it's best to steam them for 15 minutes. Boiling them makes the shells very difficult (if not impossible) to remove. Also, for best shell peeling results, use eggs that are at least one week old.